Whitechurch GAA Club was first established in 1904 to represent the eastern half of Blarney parish. After some years the troubled times saw its demise.
In 1959 the club was revived in football as a sister club to Blarney Hurlers. Then in 1984 hurling was revived. From 1999 until 2011 the Club was joined with White’s Cross with the latter focused on football. Whitechurch reverted to being an independent dual club in 2012. Since then the Club has won county four county championship titles at U13 and under 14 level – three in hurling and one in football. In addition, the Club won the county B Féile Hurling title in 2013 as well as the 2016 county A Féile Hurling title.
The Club is based in the Whitechurch Community complex where in recent years we have developed two new pitches, changing rooms and a hurling wall to cater in the best possible way for the youth of the area.
Whitechurch GAA Club has made great strides in developing underage structures in recent years. It has also invested heavily in excellent new facilities - two new pitches, floodlit hurling wall as well as new dressing rooms. Club Chairman, John Sheehan, spoke for all involved with the Club, “it is now great to see this work beginning to pay off and the players coming up through the ranks on to the adult teams. It means so much to a club like ours."